Newman and Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology and Implantology by Michael G. Newman & Fermin A. Carranza
Learn and master a range of clinical techniques and achieve therapeutic goals with Newman and Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology and Implantology, 14th Edition!Unmatched for its comprehensive approach, this resource provides detailed, up-to-date information on the etiology and pathogenesis of periodontal disease. Basic and advanced evidence-based information on the various treatment modalities employed in periodontics and implantology is presented in an easy-to-read format, with callout boxes throughout the text highlighting the clinical relevance of foundational basic science information. Full-color photos and radiographic images depict periodontal conditions and procedures, and the Atlas of Periodontal Pathology is one of the most comprehensive ever compiled in a periodontal textbook.
Written by a team of leading experts led by Michael G. Newman, this text not only demonstrates how to perform periodontal procedures but explains the evidence supporting each treatment and provides knowledge on how to achieve the best possible outcomes of periodontal therapy and implant treatment. An eBook version is included with print purchase,providing access to all the text, figures, and references, plus the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. The eBook version included with print purchase also includes Periopixel 3D color illustrations, a periodontal classification calculator and interactive learning tool, review questions, case studies, videos, 3D animations, and more!
This edition features new chapters on Precision Medicine, Pocket Reduction Therapy, Periodontal Referral, and Digital Implant Workflows, as well as an updated glossary of terms linked to the eBook. It also features first-of-its-kind content on the effects of COVID-19 on treatment from key opinion leaders in this area. Case studies reflect the new format of the Integrated National Board Dental Exam (INBDE).
- Full-color photos, illustrations, radiographs, animations, simulations, and videos demonstrate how to perform periodontal and implant procedures.
- Current information on clinical techniques in periodontology and the latest advances in basic science.
- Evidence-based treatment planning provides knowledge on how to achieve the best possible outcomes of periodontal therapy and implant treatment.
- Extensive color atlas of periodontal pathology
- Internationally known experts contribute chapters on their areas of specialty.
- An eBook version is included with print purchase,providing access to all the text, figures, and references, plus the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- NEW! Chapters on Precision Medicine, Periodontal Referral, and Digital Implant Workflows provide comprehensive information for these key areas of implant dentistry.
- NEW! Pocket Reduction Therapy chapters discuss the use of lasers in pocket reduction therapy.
- NEW! Updated discussions cover the use of digital dentistry in periodontics and implant dentistry as well as new content on the effects of COVID-19 on treatment.
- NEW! Updated format reflects current learning principles, the integrated curriculum design used in most dental schools, and the format of the Integrated National Board Dental Examination (INBDE).
- NEW! Periopixel 3D color illustrations are included in the text and eBook version included with print purchase, in addition to 3D animations, author videos, clinical videos, and more.
- NEW! Periodontal classification calculator and interactive learning tool is available in the eBook version included with print purchase.